Heart Based Therapeutics™ Therapist/Practitioner Certification Program
Duration: 8 Day 8-hour Training | 48 Continuing Education Hours
Introducing the Emotional Clearing Process
The core emphasis of our Heart Based Therapeutics™ Therapist/Practitioner Certification Program is on assisting others to have a deeper experience of heart-mind alignment and become proficient in the Emotional Clearing Process. This uniquely effective therapeutic modality diffuses trauma, unresolved issues, burdens, and unproductive emotional patterns. Many psychotherapeutic and life changing benefits are received by learning to rely on our heart’s connection to unconditional love. As a therapist or coach, it is a profoundly transformative gift to be able to help facilitate a homecoming to completeness, which can happen because our heart is meant to be our director while our mind is meant to be a supporting ally carrying out the heart’s innate wisdom.
Important Note: Licensed mental health professionals are granted status as Certified Heart Based Therapeutics™ Therapists and non-licensed mental health professionals are granted status as Certified Heart Based Therapeutics™ Practitioners.
Certification Program Prerequisites
Professionals may begin the Therapist/Practitioner Certification Program by taking any one of the following core training workshops:
- Heart Based Care – Preventing Burnout & Compassion Fatigue
- The Spiritual Dimension of Whole-Person Care
- Heart Based Meditation & Relaxation
Contact us to learn more about becoming a Certified Heart Based Therapeutics™ Therapist/Practitioner.
What Is the Core Curriculum?
The Heart Based Therapeutics™ Therapist/Practitioner Curriculum consists of the following individual course components. Each course is an 8-hour training and can be completed in one full or two half days as scheduling permits.
Human services providers are often exposed to stressful and challenging situations in their personal lives, with clients, and within the workplace. As a result, unresolved emotions can become triggered while hindering personal and interpersonal effectiveness as well as overall well-being. Learn a heart based approach for managing and defusing unproductive emotional states. Participants will understand the dynamics of un-forgiveness and different emotional patterns. Deepen the experience of heart-mind alignment and learn to rely on the heart’s connection to unconditional love in order to enhance well-being.
- Describe the dynamics of un-forgiveness, anger, arrogance, and other common emotions.
- Apply the “Four Step Healing Process” to remove unproductive emotions and improve therapeutic effectiveness.
- Differentiate performance based perceptions and judgments from positive heart based feelings.
- Apply the “Forgiveness Process” to forgive self and others at the level of the heart vs. the mind.
A major conference, the National Consensus Conference on Creating More Compassionate Systems of Care, concluded that models of care should be focused on relationships with individuals and communities and that in any health delivery system compassion should be the driving outcome. The World Health Organization has indicated that a mechanistic view of patients is no longer satisfactory, and reports the value of faith, hope and compassion in the healing process. Research has also suggested that compassion is not a technique but a state of being that the practitioner experiences. Participants in this workshop will learn to access and sustain the natural heart-based state of compassionate, non-judgmental, and unconditional regard. Participants will learn to be in Heart Based Presence in their heart zone in order to create client safety, address challenging situations, and increase therapeutic effectiveness.
- Describe the keys for enhancing heart-mind alignment and Whole-Person Caring.
- Differentiate the heart zone, caution zone, and danger zone in the heart-mind alignment model.
- Identify triggers that interfere with Whole-Person Caring and Heart Based Presence.
- Practice being in the heart zone with eyes open for enhancing well-being and interpersonal effectiveness.
Throughout history, ancient traditions have emphasized the importance of following our heart, listening to our heart and gaining intelligence from our heart. Research has now investigated heart brain interaction and how positive heartfelt feelings can influence autonomic nervous system balance, emotional regulation and perceptions. Although science has historically viewed the brain as being the source of intelligence, research has indicated that there is quite literally a brain in the heart, and that 60-65percent of the cells in the heart are not muscle cells, but neural cell identical to neural cells in the brain. Improving heart-mind alignment can give access to improved clarity, insights and heart wisdom. Participants will learn to utilize innate heart wisdom for emotional regulation, enhancing creative solutions, and enhancing therapeutic effectiveness.
- Differentiate emotional intelligence, emotional reactions, and innate heart wisdom.
- Recognize unproductive conditioning of client/practitioner that interferes with heart-mind alignment.
- Apply innate heart wisdom to manage stress, problem solve, and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Apply innate heart wisdom to enhance interpersonal and therapeutic effectiveness with clients.
The uniquely effective module of Heart Based Therapeutics™ will develop skills to build a stronger bond of trust and rapport with clients so that suspicions can be defused. A core focus is learning to utilize a heart based approach to support clients in learning to relax and de-escalate emotional re-activity. Learning to guide clients to experience a deeper sense of heart-mind alignment and positive heartfelt qualities such as peace, calm, joy, and gratitude will also be explored. Learning to become comfortable with challenging client situations, maintaining healthy boundaries, not taking things personally, and remaining in compassionate heart based presence are all critical for therapeutic success and will be covered.
- Demonstrate guiding clients to safely relax, be more grounded, and reduce sympathetic arousal.
- Apply Heart Based Therapeutics™ to defuse unproductive emotions with clients.
- Practice how to enhance client’s experience of peace, calm, joy, and gratitude.
- Apply heart based listening and heart based speaking to enhance interpersonal effectiveness.
This course builds on the foundations learned in Heart Based Presence and Living in the Heart Zone. Participants will learn to let their heart’s connection to the Source of unconditional love dissolve densities and deeper blockages that we are not consciously aware of, so that the gentleness of unconditional love can radiate not just from the front, but from all directions. A core focus is learning to let gratitude become an expression of sharing unconditional love, while being well grounded and maintaining healthy boundaries.
In order for human service providers to maintain well-being, healthy nurturing and self-care is required or else the buildup of stressful encounters can result in a decrease of personal and therapeutic effectiveness. This workshop builds on the foundations learned in Heart Based Presence and Living in the Heart Zone. Research has demonstrated the benefits associated with gratitude indicating that gratitude has been shown to uniquely predict life satisfaction and well-being. Participants will learn to utilize Heart Based Therapeutics™ to integrate the experience of gratitude during daily life. Emphasis will also be on healthy nurturing through heart-mind alignment and exploring the role that unconditional love plays in the experience of wholeness and personal and spiritual growth.
- Apply Heart Based Therapeutics™ self-healing modalities for practitioner self-care.
- Synthesize principles of Heart Based Therapeutics™ for positive well-being of provider and client.
- Improve the capacity to feel profoundly safe and unconditionally loved to enhance personal fulfillment and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Utilize Heart Based Presence to enhance positive attitudes toward clients while creating a therapeutic space for constructive change.
In this two-day course, participants learn to utilize this uniquely effective heart based therapeutic modality to very effectively diffuse trauma, unresolved issues, burdens, and unproductive emotional patterns. The outcome is not just to diffuse painful patterns, but to anchor a deep experience of peace, calm, joy, and gratitude. Many clients who have attempted and failed to find relief with numerous other therapeutic modalities express having great success with this methodology. Significant progress can be made with clients in even one or two sessions. The Emotional Clearing Process is taught over two days.
Clinical Consultation Requirement
In order to become certified, participants must take part in clinical consultation for case study review. This can be completed either in person or online. Two sessions are required, though additional session may be recommended if needed.
Important Note: The designation of Certified Heart Based Therapeutics™ Therapist is only applicable to those who are licensed professionals in their State.
Learn more about the two acceptable prerequisite courses for participating in the Heart Based Therapeutics™ Therapist/Practitioner Certification Program.
Who Should Attend this Training?
The Heart Based Therapeutics™ Therapist/Practitioner Specialist Certification Program provides innovative yet practical training for social workers, counselors, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, nurses, substance use professionals, life coaches, and mentors. The training can be used as an adjunct to other therapeutic modalities to support the well being, personal, and spiritual development of clients.
Read what other program participants have to say about their experiences.
What Will I Learn in this Training?
In becoming a Certified Heart Based Therapeutics™ Therapist/Practitioner, participants will naturally undergo a profound personal growth experience and learn to support clients to:
- Practice the Emotional Clearing Process for defusing problems, burdens, and emotionally reactive patterns.
- Apply the Emotional Clearing Process for defusing client trauma and phobias.
- Practice the Emotional Clearing Process to assist others in achieving positive goals.
- Demonstrate the use of Heart Based Therapeutics™ to empower clients to manage anxiety, depression and unproductive thoughts and beliefs.
- Demonstrate the use of Heart Based Therapeutics™ to decrease unresolved guilt, shame, unworthiness, abandonment, and rejection issues.
- Utilize Heart Based Therapeutics™ to support clients in forgiving self and others while letting go of long held resentments, anger and related emotions.
- Apply the Emotional Clearing Process to support clients in anchoring positive heartfelt feelings and constructive thoughts.
- Apply Heart Based Therapeutics™ to support clients to have a natural state of heart-mind alignment.
- Demonstrate Heart Based Therapeutics™ to support clients in trusting and feeling safe to enjoy their hearts connection to the source of unconditional love.
- Apply Heart Based Therapeutics self-healing modalities for practitioner self-care.
- Improve the capacity of human services providers to feel profoundly safe and unconditionally loved in order to enhance personal fulfillment and therapeutic effectiveness.
- Utilize Heart Based Presence to enhance positive attitudes toward clients while creating a therapeutic space for transformational change.
- Utilize a heart based approach to enhance therapeutic effectiveness with diverse populations.
Contact us about participating in our core training courses and certification programs.