The Spiritual Dimension of Whole-Person Care
Duration: 1 Day 8-hour Training | 2 Day 4-hour Training
Spiritual Well-Being Is Critical in Whole-Person Care
Understanding and incorporating the spiritual aspect of Whole-Person Care has been greatly undervalued even though National Health Care Accreditation Boards such as the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO), Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), and the Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL), and even the World Health Organization (WHO) all mandate the importance of attending to people’s spiritual needs.
Spiritual need is an ingrained aspect of our humanity. And love, heartfelt gratitude, meaning and purpose, integrity, authenticity, choosing wisely, and our ability to forgive are all linked to the quality of human experience. When human services providers embody these spiritual qualities, not only do clients feel much safer, clearly heard and personally honored, but provider burnout and compassion fatigue are significantly diminished.
Ground-Breaking Professional Training
This innovative and experiential Heart Based Therapeutics™ workshop combines theoretical aspects of the spiritual dimension of Whole-Person Care with a natural, easy to learn and effective means of enjoying a state of deeper heart-mind alignment. Participants are introduced to a unique heart based and holistic approach to naturally experience the qualities that the literature refers to as spiritual well-being.
Whole-person caring is a grounded state of being that the practitioner experiences – it is not a technique. Deeper experiences of heart-mind alignment and being guided by innate heart wisdom allows whole-person caring to be a natural expression. This one-of-a-kind workshop creates the foundation for effectively integrating the spiritual dimension into Whole-Person Care.
For additional information on The Spiritual Dimension of Whole-Person Care or to schedule a training, contact us.
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
The Spiritual Dimension of Whole-Person Care is a groundbreaking training that appeals to a broad audience, including:
Mental health professionals including substance abuse counselors, social workers, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, school counselors, peer support specialists, intellectual/developmental disability providers, pastoral counselors, educators, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, care managers/coordinators, administrators, practice managers, and other professionals interested in integrating spiritual well-being into Whole-Person Care.
Additionally, this workshop can be customized to meet your organization’s specific objectives and audience needs. To schedule a training or to learn more about The Spiritual Dimension of Whole-Person Care, please contact us.
What Will I Learn in This Workshop?
The Spiritual Dimension of Whole-Person Care will naturally and effectively help participants to understand and experience the following:
- Describe paradigm shifts regarding the spiritual aspect of the Whole-Person Care model and how this applies to the delivery of care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key research regarding the therapeutic benefits and prevention role that the spiritual dimension plays in people’s lives.
- Reduce stigma, bridge cultural diversity, and enhance interpersonal effectiveness utilizing Whole-Person Caring.
- Utilize Heart Based Therapeutics™ to subjectively experience the qualities of spiritual well-being as identified in the research literature and apply it to personal and work environments.
- Bridge the foundational components of Whole-Person Care — emotional, physical, mental, social, and spiritual.
- Learn to easily and naturally shift into positive heartfelt feeling in order to enhance the experience of peace, calm, joy, and gratitude in our personal and professional life.
- Prevent clinician burnout and compassion fatigue.
- Reduce the personal/professional differences that interfere with healthcare collaboration.
Please contact us for additional information or to schedule a training.